The Capability Development Grant (CDG) is a financial assistance programme aimed at helping Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) defray up to 70% of qualifying project costs*
, relating to consultancy, manpower, training, certification, upgrading productivity and developing business capabilities for process improvement, product development and market access.
The grant supports a wide range of capability upgrading initiatives that enable SMEs to successfully compete and grow their businesses locally and globally. There are 10 supportable areas tailored to meet an SME’s current needs and stages of development. They range from raising service standards, adopting technology innovation, grooming business leaders to growing a global brand.
* SPRING's enhanced funding support of up to 70% would be effective for three years until 31 March 2015.
|Registered and operating in
||Have minimum 30% local shareholding
||Have group annual sales turnover of not more than S$100 million, or group employment of not more than 200 employees
SPRING will assess the application based on the SME's needs, the project scope and competency of the service provider in improving the SME’s business capabilities. All applications are subject to SPRING’s approval.
Find out about the 10 supportable areas :
Step 1: Pre-application
- Before you apply, check that you have met all the criteria stated above. You may contact us at the EnterpriseOne Hotline at (65) 6898 1800 for a discussion on your eligibility.
- Download the CDG Application Form and prepare all the supporting documents listed in the submission checklist.
Step 2: Application
- Mail in the completed CDG application form together with the supporting documents to SPRING.
- Upon receipt of your application form, a SPRING Officer will get in touch with you.
- SPRING will assess the application based on the SME needs, the project scope and competency of the service provider in improving the SME’s business capability. All applications are subject to SPRING’s approval.
Step 3: Implementation of Project
- A Letter of Offer will be sent to you once your application is approved.
- During the Project Implementation period, you should ensure that :
- Proper project records are maintained; e.g. project scope, timeline, deliverables, progress reports and project sign-offs
- Proper financial records are maintained; e.g. invoices and receipts relating to the project.
Step 1: Submission of Claims
- Identify the claim type that is applicable to you.
You may refer to the Claim Submission Checklist to prepare the documents for claims submission.
- For claims on reimbursement basis, please download this Claim Form.
- If you are eligible for Interim Claims on Declaration as indicated in Para 3.18 of your Letter of Offer, please download the Interim Claims on Declaration form. Please skip steps 4 and 5.
- Ensure your claim form is filled up correctly. Use the Claim Submission Guide for guidance.
- Complete and submit the GIRO form together with the Claim Form. (This is only for first-time grant applicants)
- Engage an auditor from SPRING’s Pre-Qualified Panel to prepare the Audit Report.
- You may refer to the diagram below on the Audit Engagement Process.
Step 2: Submission of Project Report
- Prepare your Project Report for submission. You may refer to the Project Report Submission Guide for more information.
- A SPRING Officer will contact you to verify that the project has been completed and the deliverables are met.
Step 3: Disbursement of Grant
- SPRING will process your grant upon receiving both the Project Report and Audit Report. The funds will be disbursed within four to six weeks, via GIRO to your designated bank account.
- IMPORTANT : Claims must reach SPRING within 6 months from the scheduled completion date of the project, or the offer for the grant will automatically lapse thereafter.
Applications that have been turned down due to inadequacies in project proposal may submit an appeal within 6 months
from the date of letter of rejection. Click here
for more information.
Download the CDG Brochure
. (PDF format, 237kB)