The Innovation & Capability Voucher (ICV) is a simple to apply, easy-to-use voucher valued at $5,000, to encourage SMEs to take their first step towards capability development. SMEs can use the voucher to upgrade and strengthen their core business operations through consultancy in the areas of innovation, productivity, human resources and financial management. Apart from consultancy, ICV also supports SMEs in the adoption and implementation of simple solutions to improve business efficiency and productivity. SMEs can use the ICV to implement productivity solutions under the supportable cost categories of (i) equipment & hardware, (ii) technical solutions & training, (iii) design & renovation. Each SME is entitled to a maximum of eight vouchers. Each ICV project must be completed before the submission of a new application. The duration for each project should not exceed six months.
All local SMEs can apply for ICV if they meet the following criteria :
- Registered and operating in Singapore
- Have a minimum of 30% local shareholding
- Have group annual turnover of not more than $100 million OR group employment size of not more than 200 employees
For consultancy projects, each voucher worth $5,000 may be redeemed for services from the participating service providers. An SME may apply for a maximum of two vouchers per capability area for supported services. SMEs which wish to further upgrade their capabilities in any of the areas may tap on the Capability Development Grant.
Consultancy - Innovation
- Technology Development – Technical Feasibility Study
- Technology Development – Technical Support
- IP Business Diagnostic – Phase A
- IP Legal Diagnostic – Phase B
- Customer Insights
Consultancy - Productivity
- Quality Management - ISO 9001
- Quality Management - ISO 14001 New !
- Quality Management - OHSAS 18001 New !
- Quality Management - HACCP (SS590) New !
- Quality Management – HALAL Whole Plant New !
- SME Management Action for Results - SMART
- Productivity Management - Productivity Diagnosis & Measurement
- Productivity Management - Productivity Improvement Projects
- Service Excellence - Service Diagnosis
- Service Excellence - Mystery Audits
- Service Excellence - Service Improvement
- Energy Efficiency Audit
Consultancy - Human Resources
- Manpower Planning
- Recruitment & Selection
- Compensation & Benefits
- Performance Management
- Learning & Development
- Talent Management New !
Consultancy - Financial Management
- Planning & Budgeting
- Cash-flow & Working Capital Management
- Financial Controls for SMEs
- Financial Assessment and Planning for Growth
For implementation of simple productivity solutions, each SME can apply up to a maximum of two vouchers
to implement solutions out of the available eight vouchers for each SME. For this, SMEs may apply directly with SPRING to support the productivity solutions, on a reimbursement basis
. The reimbursement will be made directly to the SME. All purchases must be made only after the indicated solutions/ items have been approved in the application.
The supportable cost categories include :
- Equipment & hardware
- Technical solutions & training
- Design & renovation
Apply online via the ICV Online Portal
(Best viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.x, 8.x and 9.x).
Please refer to the relevant sections under Consultancy Projects
and Productivity Solutions
for more information on the application process.
All applications will be processed within 6 weeks upon submission of all required documentations.
To find out more about ICV integrated solutions, please click here.
For the updated list of non-supportable items, please click here.
Download the FAQs on Innovation & Capability Voucher. Updated : 22 Jan 2015
For more information, click here for Press Release on the enhanced ICV.
Download the GIRO form to submit your claim for Productivity Solutions. For more information on the submission of GIRO form and mailing address, please click here.
For information on Consultancy Projects pertaining to the areas of expertise and services, please contact the participating service providers directly. Please click on the following areas for the contact information of all service providers in the capability areas of innovation, productivity, human resources and financial management.