The $30 million Incubator Development Programme (IDP) provides Incubators and Venture Accelerators a grant to enhance capability development programmes for innovative startups.
IDP provides up to 70% grant support to incubators and venture accelerators in areas such as :
- Programmes To Nurture Start-ups
Costs of introducing programmes that help start-ups develop new products/services, obtain business financing, improve market access, etc
- Mentoring Start-Ups
Hiring mentors to provide management guidance to start-ups
- Operating Expenses
Costs incurred to market services/events, hire incubator managers, train staff, provide shared services/equipment for start-ups, etc
Interested parties should :
- Be full-suite incubators and venture accelerators with a unique value proposition and/or programme that cater specifically to nurture innovative start-ups. The emphasis of the programme should include access to markets/talents, financing, entrepreneurship training, management guidance and mentorship
- Have a proven management team with the necessary experience and expertise to effectively groom innovative start-ups in the early stage into high growth companies
- Have a sustainable incubation model – either through investment into the ISUs or to charge “sweat equity” for incubation services
If you are an incubator and provide access to market, money, management and know-how to help innovative startups, we welcome you to contact SPRING to discuss details of your programme/project. You will need to work closely with SPRING to ensure that the programme fulfills the IDP guidelines and would value add to the developmental needs of innovative startups.
Before you apply
- Ensure that you are an Incubator that is interested in enhancing your programmes to nurture innovative startups. Consultancy firms will not qualify.
Applying for IDP
- Contact SPRING to discuss your programme. You will need to work closely with SPRING to ensure your programme meet the IDP guidelines.
- Finalise your programme with SPRING. If your programme and proposal qualify for IDP, you will be given the necessary application forms.
- Submit the application form to SPRING.
Innovative startups can benefit from the programmes offered by the various incubators and venture accelerators supported under IDP, listed below. For more details on the programmes of the supported partners, please click on the partner.