Companies applying for the LIS and LIS+ should meet the following criteria:
Selling to Local Customers (Domestic Trade Facilities)
- Registered and operating in Singapore
- 30% local shareholding
- Group annual sales ≤ S$100m or group employment size ≤ 200 workers*
*Annual sales turnover and employment size will be computed on a group basis. (i.e. All levels up for corporate shareholders holding > 50% of total shareholding of the applicant company and any subsequent corporate parents, and subsidiaries all levels down)
Selling to Overseas Customers (Overseas Trade Facilities)
- Global headquarters1 anchored in Singapore
- At least 3 strategic business functions2 in Singapore
- Annual sales turnover of applicant company and its subsidiaries ≤ S$300m for non-trading companies and ≤ S$500 million for trading companies3
1 Global headquarters refer to global management control and decision making functions are based in Singapore. Indicators include global CXOs being based in Singapore, board meetings being held in Singapore, etc.
2 Strategic business functions refer to activities such as banking and finance, marketing and business planning, procurement, logistics, training & personnel management, investment planning / co-ordination, R&D and design, technical support, manufacturing, and other value-added (VA) activities.
3 An entity is considered a trading entity if more than 50% of its turnover is derived from buying and selling goods.
Companies applying for both types of facilities have to meet both set of criteria.